BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 3, 2010

thurs/fri 2sept

“This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.”- Isaiah 48:17
All I can say to this one is AMEN!! With a chuckle behind it. I spent all my life in looking to my mom for the directions in my life that I should take. so when HF took her from us to be with him, it was the most heartbreaking thing I thought I could endure. Mind you I spent a good portion of my night copying her memorium from a family member. Yet thinking again how Robert S. Wood put in his letter how she was super mom to every one she came in contact with. Now reading this tonight is just a manifestation that it's the Lord that directs us. So being intuned to his Holy Spirit will get me there. Thank goodness, I don't do alot with consulting Him in my prayers first...
Psalm 140-142, 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

Corinthians 14
Gifts of Prophecy and Tongues
1Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 2For anyone who speaks in a tongue[a] does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.[b] 3But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort. 4He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5I would like every one of you to speak in tongues,[c] but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues,[d] unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.
I am still amazed of those who do this.. It is the most honor to be able to listen to one who speaks in tongue. It is even more so of an honor to know that what they are saying is for the Lord to hear and to understand what they are speaking. I love to listen to someone in prayer to our Father and start speaking in tongue. It just send shivers up my spine to listen...

0 comments: