BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

midweek

Well, I started my new book this week.. I'm now reading a book called "Smart vs. Pretty" by Valerie Fankel. This is totally a switch for me. I never even heard of this author. I've been switching off books with my sister in law, Valerie. Money has been tight around here, so I've not been able to buy new books. So as I read one I pass it along and vice versa with Valerie as well. That is how I got hooked on "Sisters" by Danielle Steele. I haven't read anything by her in a long while. The Plum Island book I got from Melissa. She got it while she was in the hospital with Kaylee. She said she got very bored with it and couldn't get into it. I found it very funny and entertaining and so did my sister in law, Val. So it goes to show differences of opinions.. But this book is another one that is supposedly funny and entertaining. And it states "a must read for anoyone who has a sister." So I'll let you know how it is, when I finish it...
This has been Spring Break for the kids from school. You know in one way I was dreading it. Jw would be home daily, bored out of his skull, nothing to do. Mom would of had to find things for free to keep him entertained. But you know what.. I've barely ever seen him.. He has been playing with the kids in the neigborhood from the time he walks out of the room, until well after the sun goes down. He ends up at a friend's house. Gets tv time, computer time, and even dinner time with them. It's amazing. Of course I had to meet the parents and get a run down on who they were and what they were all about... Very nice and considerate people. My sister in law was apsolutely correct. This is a great neighborhood and the people are fantastic around here. I have yet to meet anyone that we've not liked or trusted. How great is that? Now when I lived in Bristol and Newport, I could of begged to differ on alot of the people around there....
Saturday is coming really fast. And Jw is making sure no one forgets it. He wants to make sure we are all here to spend a family day with him. He is trying to switch his karate day with Friday, but still not sure if that will work. He has a hard time learning that the driver makes the times of going, not the kid.. I can see and understand it's his birthday, but what fun to go and get them to sing to him and give him b-day wacks with a paddle that is about six feet long. Its so funny!
Today I had about seven kids outside having a "bike wash". There were about ten bikes all lined up getting washed and polished. It was halarious! I was told that tomorrow they are opening their real business and charging.. I'm like OH BOY here we go... If they do it, I'll have to snap some pictures.. Jw told me that he made a dollar from washing the neighbors car and promised to do it every two months... LOL He is a trip.
I just think it's great to know that there are plenty of kids in the neighborhood to keep him busy and he won't be so bored. That's a blessing in and of itself.
Well better go. I have baby patrol. lol Poor Kaylee got her new tube. It's actually a mickey button. The stupid thing isn't working. It takes her meds ok. It just doesn't take the feeding machine with the formula at all. So she has to eat every three hours by bottle, until tomorrow morning when the clinic opens. So I told Melissa that I would take her for the first shift. I'm usually up then any way. It's only at 2:45. I usually don't fall asleep until well after four or so. So why not. Then Mary is taking the next shift (Melissa's sister) and then Melissa take the last shift to get her up and ready to take her to the Dr. to fix it... Poor baby.
While Melissa was on the phone with the dr. the thing popped right out of her belly. Melissa couldn't get it to go back in. So she calls me... Yep, Grammy got to torture her to get it back in. Grammy always seems to be the "bad guy".. Poor thing.. I hurt her giving her her shots, I hurt her now with pushing a button tube back in her belly before the muscles and such start closing up. Everyway Melissa tried to do it, the more kaylee would cry and push it back out. So every time she took a breathe, I would push in more. Thank heavens that the tube thing is only like two and half inches long or so. I can't imagine pusing any further then that. But we got it and gave her tylenol for the pressure and what ever pain we gave her. Poor baby..
Sometime's I wonder all those years as a CNA and what I dealt with was worth putting your own grandchildren through... (((Frowning)))

0 comments: