BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

A learning expirience

Today was quite the day. It has been quite the lazy day today. I got up this morning by six forty five to help Kaylee. She was crying so hard this morning. So I waited to see if she was going to stop on her own or what. After about ten mins. I decided to go in and check on her. I don't mind doing mornings for her because I have to wake up anyway for Jw and school. So I usually always go in on her in the mornings and give her her binky and also her Chloe doll. She then usually snuggles up with that and goes back to sleep until the nurse comes at eight o'clock. But this morning she was all slept out and she wanted to get out of the bed, no matter what anyone said. Luckily her feeding machine started beeping and I could turn it off and flush her G-line and be able to take her out. I took her into my bed with me and we watched tv till Jw woke and she finally fell back to sleep, till the nurse came.
After Jw went to school, I hung out and chated with the nurse until around ten thirty or so and I decided I needed a couple hour nap. Ha! I ended up sleeping till Jw got home from school at three fifteen. Then I hung out watching Tv until around six and then Jw volunteered to make supper. So of course when he volunteers we let him do it. It's such a great way for him to learn new things and prepare himself for the future. We agreed that he would make pasta and sauce tonight. After he was finished I went in and helped him drain the water and he put the sauce in and Melissa, Jw and I went to the table and ate.
While we were eating Melissa started talking to me. All the while Kaylee was crying and crying and crying again. Knowing that there was really nothing that she was crying about, she had a clean diaper, just ate and burped. She just wanted to express her feelings and boy did she. Anyway, Melissa was telling me about last night and how she was feeling betrayed and why all the good people only get children like this. At first I was taken aback and was like, well think about it this way... Would you want a "horrible mean" person or "bad" person to raise a child like this? And she thought and was like, no Iguess alot more children would be in the system then there is now. And boy do we know from expirience there are a heck of alot, including special needs children. I told her that she has to look at this as a blessing. That God chose her to care for this special "perfect" child. At first she couldn't comprehend the idea of perfect. Until I told her on what I was taught and fully believe how we are sent on the Earth to gain a body and to expirience and learn the things we need before we can go back and live with HIM. She actually started thinking of it and was like... hmm this is a learning expirience for me? Is this teaching me b/c I don't have patience that I need to learn it. I'm like very well could be.
I then told her that possibly that God made Kaylee a special spirit that didn't need to learn anything in life and that all she needed was be able to come to Earth and get her body and when he is ready she may go back and live with him with the fullfillment that was required of her. But you have to live on the positive side of life and be thankful that you were chosen. I also told her to keep a positive attitude in life and you may find more miracles then you would ever think of. This is how people beat Cancer. How mothers that were told they could never have children , etc. etc etc. They kept positive in every negative situation and they were blessed in one way to another. It's the way of life. It's the way we were suppose to live. I kept telling her that if we live in the negative, that only negative things will happen in her life. But if we live in the positive that all positive things will happen in life. And some of our set backs can have a positive twist on them if we let it.
Lastly, I told her that look at it this way. WE were told that kaylee was more then likely going to be blind, deaf and not be able to use her voice. Well, guess what, she can see and hear and she uses her sounds pretty well. So who's to say that she was told she couldn't ever sit or walk. Positivity will be the blessing in our lives.....
SO yes, I was able to bear a testimony to my daughter like I never thought I would ever be able to. To try and fill her heart with the knowledge that I was given in my life of my Heavenly Father and the things that He is capable of... That was a blessing in and of itself. B/c I thought I would never be able to do that. Anything religious is very touchy in our house. Even with Michael. If it's not Jw and talking about things. It's just me and my Father in Heaven or my friends from church. What a blessing it is in my life to have this knowledge and be able to share it......

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good for you! You go girl. After livingin a home where I wasn't allowed to 'share' my faith I know how you feel. I'm glad you took the opportunity and listened to the spirit to share your feelings and give encouragement to Melissa.

Bennett family said...

I'm sure that was such a sweet experience. I really hope you get many more of those with your daughter! I miss being able to do that when we lived there. Living in Utah doesn't allow for many times to share like that. Way to go!