BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

mon/tues

verse of the day

“Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear his voice,”- Psalm 95:6-7
It does go on further to say basically if you harden your hearts and don't head His word, it states in verse 11 So I swear in My wrath, "they shall not enter My rest."
Well can't get any clearer then that. I mean you either listen to the teaching and obey His commandments or you cannot return to the Heavenly kingdom...
Psalm 132-134, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34


Psalm 134
A song of ascents.
1 Praise the LORD, all you servants of the LORD
who minister by night in the house of the LORD.

2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
and praise the LORD.

3 May the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth,
bless you from Zion.

I just like this one. I love the idea of lifting your hands in the sanctuary and praising the Lord. At first noticing and doing were so awkward. But truth be told, I can feel the reasoning of it. My heart fills with the Joy of knowing that I"m doing it for the Lord. Whether it be in sharing a prayer to a fellow member or to praising to the Lord.. It's just awesome..

In my Girlfriends in God site this is their verse of the day
Today's Truth
Isaiah 26:3-4 (ICB) "You, Lord, give true peace. You give peace to those who depend on you. You give peace to those who trust you. So, trust the Lord always. Trust the Lord because he is our Rock forever."
I know when I am at my wits end and I'm down and out to place all my "issues" in the Lord and he will handle them as he sees fit. Since we've moved down to Fla our biggest issues were financial problems. I would make statements to the Lord, " why did I pray so much before we moved, to come down to this. when I prayed your reassured me that this was the right thing, up and leave your children and grandchildren and go south to a place you've never seen or been and to stay with a woman that you've only known on the computer. Mike only known of her from almost 20 years ago. But on blind faith we packed up the moving truck, put our truck on a dolly and drove for three days *because we were asked to take as long as we could* Only to get there to be told we had three months to get out. Mike had no job, was on TDI, me collecting my SSDI and we were struggling. But You tell us to move on down, and have faith." We did find a great church, Mike returned working for Eckerd Youth, he did lose money in pay, but we figured, cost of living down her is cheaper. HMMF sure. in some ways, but in others no... But slowly having the trust in the Lord and knowing that our treasure is coming with in the struggle and trials that we've been through. One prayer has been answered. Melissa is suppose to move down the end of Sept. That will leave Jw. We are having him come for Xmas. In hopes that he falls in love and wishes to come back spring break *possibly* then back for summer vacation and praying that he wants to come for good. Praying that he falls in love with the idea that this is the place he needs to be. I miss my family sooo much!!! But I keep praying that it will all work out one day.. And beg for patience along the way..

0 comments: