BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Life new beginnings

So many things have changed in our lives here in Fla. The new year has just brought us so many new beginnings. Our whole outlook on life has has grown tremendously. And we owe it all to OUR GOD! We now go to church as a whole family. We sit in the front of the church right behind the Pastors wife and a woman, whom I call my spiritual advisor and her hubby. I have begun to read the Word on a daily basis as well as read novels on a continuous basis. Right now I'm in what is called the Left Behind series. It's all written about the Rapture and what happens afterward and what is to come. It follows along hand in hand right along with the bible itself. Very cool. There is 16 books in the series and I'm on 9. It is so very addicting!!!
We have all decided we are going to get baptized in the church and Melissa is going to get the girls baptized also. I just love it so much.
Granted I've offended my father and he is sure that I've offended my mom. I feel it the other way. I've finally found something that I believe and how happy I am with my growth in spiritual learning. I've never felt this way before. I feel after I left my childhood church and was w/o a church for a couple years, I felt lost, but not enough to go back to that church. So I needed to find another. Mike asked me to try the church he went to before we met. So I did. I loved it. Then after we moved to Fla and found Lifepoint, I was taken away! This is above and beyond Mike's old church. I liked his church but it wasn't as progressive as this one is. Pastor Mark wants us learning and growing. He wants us to read the Word daily. He wants us to put ourselves out there and Serve Serve Serve! We are to join ministries and serve in those ministries. We are to serve others and do it for the Glory of our God, not for ourselves. NOthing is a greater blessing then being able to do that.
I go to Soup kitchen and food bank and volunteer on a weekly basis. What an honor to serve those who are less fortunante as you. To hug or link arms with those who are just looking for love and acceptance. Every other Tuesday nights I go to Shared Pages book group. The last book we read was spiritually mentoring. It was fabulous. How to in tune yourself with the Holy spirit and let him be the mentor not you. And do it all through the word.. AMAZING how that works.
Mike and my marriage has grown by leaps and bounds. I can't describe the beauty and love of our marriage. I've never would of dreamt that a marriage could be so beautiful for me. It's all b/c of the Grace of GOd in our lives. I just know it!
Melissa completed and graduated from CNA class. She goes in three weeks and takes her state test and will begin working for a nursing home here in town. Amazing! The growth in this girl.. She has only grown since she left RI. It's really cool to walk toward her room and hear Worship music coming from her room. Who would of thought???
My son Jw is growing in his church (still in RI) and is also dedicated his life to God and I told him one night I dreamed he would be a pastor when he grew up. He told me he had the same dream. How cool is that. He also listens to Praise and Worship music. Too much!! My dream and desire is that he will move back with us and so I can hear praise and worship all over our home. How cool would that be????
Anyway, It's now four twelve AM and I have to wash my face and get ready to go and pick up my darling from work. Last night we went to a game dinner at church, so I just drove him to work. Why not, I knew I would be awake for the entire night. But can't leave w/o washing up a bit and cleaning out my eyes for clarity.
I'm just so thankful for the love God has for me and my family and touching our hearts to help us to continue to grow more and more and be able to share our stories with other to reach them to grow like we have.
Now I just hope that I can conitinually be able to blog and keep up on my life's adventures as they go along.. I tend to be able to do better in my personal journal more so then online. Go figure..

0 comments: